Have you ever wondered why you can’t maintain certain healthy habits? Or why a friend or family member seems to retreat when talking about a certain topic. Or maybe your child is displaying behaviours that are difficult to deal with and non-compliant.
As humans, we are complex beings, and our actions are often influenced by a multitude of factors that we may not even be aware of. But with the help of behavioural analysts, we can gain a deeper understanding of why we behave the way we do, and how we can make positive changes to improve our lives.
Today I have the pleasure of guest hosting this episode with Josh Smith as we chat with Behaviour Analyst, Caitlin Ambrosia.
We talk about:
- Caitlin’s passion for behavioural science and how it started
- How to identify behavioural patterns that aren’t serving you
- Understanding barriers to change (SEAT: Sensory, Escape, Attention, and Tangible)
- Understanding the process to adopt healthy behaviours and habits
- Why there should be a Behavioural Analyst in all schools
- The misconceptions around positive and negative reinforcement
Whether you’re interested in understanding your own behaviour, improving your relationships, or simply gaining a deeper insight into the complexities of human nature, this episode is for you.